Adding Creativity to your Skillset as a Teacher
Expanding your creativity for teaching and non-teaching activities online
Online teachers: Are you looking to expand your online skills for teaching or other industries?
At My Creative Break, we encourage everyone to explore their creativity and make time for their passions.
As an online ESL teacher and workshop leader our co-founder Kim understands the challenges teachers and meeting leaders go through:
- Being unemployed or uncertain of the future
- Needing to transition from teaching kids to teaching adults or leading online groups
- Transitioning from 1:1 classes to group classes / meetings / events
- Transitioning to remote / online jobs
- Looking for ways to stand out online
- Following your passion / starting your own business (without leaving your current job
In this workshop, we’ll address these challenges, while giving you a chance to meet others who are going through the same challenges.
Here’s what you’ll learn:
How to integrate your teacher skills into online workshops/classes/meetings
How can you foster creativity, problem-solving, communication, leadership and teamwork online? We’ll do some exercises so you can experience this, and see how your skills as a teacher can help in many other places.
How to add creativity to your online classes / meetings
If you’ll be creating your own online classes/webinars/meetings, how can you stand out from others? Here, we’ll do some creative icebreakers and activities to explore how to make your online teaching / leading more creative and engaging.
How to use Zoom creatively for online teaching / meetings
We’ll look at how to make the most of your online screen space and go through some technical tips and tricks on how you can:
- Bring a unique kind of energy to the screen
- Make your students/employees/audience feel more connected to you, and to others
- Use breakout rooms and whiteboards efficiently
How to follow your passion and get out of your comfort zone
Learn about how we make time for our passions. We’ll cover questions like:
- How can you make time for your passion, no matter how much, or little time you have?
- How do you hold yourself accountable for new projects?
- How do you get over the fear of just starting something?
Saturday, February 12, 2022, 11 am EST
Save $5 if you share this workshop on social media
(email us a link/screenshot for a discount code)
Space is limited!
About the team
Both Kim and Linda have taken Creative Breaks to get back in touch with their passions.
Kim left her 9-5 to travel, teach English abroad/online and did things she always wanted to do. She is now a freelance writer, online ESL teacher and spends time motivating people to do things they love now.
Linda works 9-5, but spent a year in Paris to write and work on a film and is now a certified life coach.